Department of Defense - Defense Logistics AgencyRPA for Human Resources
Inefficient employee on-boarding process, requiring coordination between HR and IT departments:
- IT team manually added new employees to agency/software systems using info from HR.
Used unattended bots to transfer relevant data from HR system to IT system.
- Unattended bots do not require a human to initiate work for them
- Can work 365/24/7 (4.5x the hours of a employee)
Saved an estimate of $2 million per year in productivity
- Time saved in the HR and IT departments.
- New employees can begin working earlier.
- Every click and task that the bot completes is logged for auditing and security purposes.
- The agency automated over 50 processes using RPA.