State of Texas - Medicaid OfficeRPA for Healthcare
Hundreds of providers seek to enroll in Medicaid every day, intensified by a surge of activity due to COVID-19
- Provider enrollment specialists were performing 600 to 1000 searches per day.
- Verification process spanned multiple organizations and databases.
RPA was used to:
- Confirm the provider’s medical license with the appropriate medical board.
- Validate the provider’s participation in Medicaid.
RPA connected legacy systems in departments including:
- Provider enrollment
- Reference data management
- Vendor management
- Claims processing
- Accounts receivable and payable
Speed – Processed 20,000 transactions in a one-month period.
Accuracy – Bots generated real-time reports and logged every step to assure an irrefutable audit trail.
Scalability – Employees have drag-and-drop access to customize and create bots for new workflows.